Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal preparing for Bellator debut in 2013 Jason Floyd September 7, 2012 Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal recently signed with the Bellator Fighting Championships and will be making his debut with the company in 2013. Lawal (8-1, 1NC) is currently on suspension with the Nevada State Athletic Commission and should be coming off suspension in the near future. “King Mo” took part in a Bellator/Spike promotion shoot at Universal Studios in Orlando and TheMMAReport.com was able to catch up with the fighter and talk about his future with Bellator and TNA Wrestling. Lawal has been recovering my knee surgery earlier this year and the staph infection that happened after the surgery. He said that is knee is doing good and has been doing some training. “The knee is pretty good,” Lawal said. “I have been kicking, throwing knees, hitting mitts and I will probably start sparring in late October.” He will have to juggle his scheduled between training for his Bellator debut and his career in TNA Wrestling. “I will make it work and I have coaches that will travel with me.” No exact date has been set for his professional wrestling debut, but Lawal recently said that he would make his TNA debut in the month of October. Unlike the situation with Paul Daley, Lawal will be put into the Bellator tournament in his first fight. “I’m going to be like Michael Phelps and jump in head first. I’m jumping in that water and I’m going into the tournament.