Bellator 177 took place on Friday from the Budapest Sports Arena in Budapest, Hungary and was headlined by bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas scoring a split decision victory over Leandro Higo in a non-title fight.
In the co-main event of the fight card, Daniel Weichel likely secured a title shot against the winner of next week’s featherweight title fight as he scored a split decision victory against John Teixeira.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Dantas now has 10 wins inside the Bellator cage and he is now tied with Rick Hawn, Andrey Koreshkov, Douglas Lima, Patricky Pitbull and King Mo Lawal for the 4th most in Bellator history.
- The total cage time for Dantas in his 11 Bellator fights is 2:44:33 and this is the 9th most cage time in Bellator history.
- The defeat for Higo snaps a 8 fight winning streak and 2 of his 3 career defeats are by decision.
- Weichel is now tied for the 4th most wins in Bellator history with Marlon Sandro.
- Both of Teixeira’s career defeats have come by split decision and this defeat snapped a 10 fight unbeaten streak.
- Lena Ovchynnikova has now won back to back fights since dropping her Bellator debut last year.
- After starting 3-0, Helen Harper has dropped two of her last three fights.
- Adam Borics remained undefeated with a submission victory against Anthony Taylor and four of his six wins are by submission.
- All of Taylor’s professional defeats have come by rear-naked choke submission.
- Bellator 177 featured 2 catchweight bouts and 33% of Bellator’s main card fights in 2017 have been catchweight bouts.