The medical suspensions for Bellator 178 have been released by the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulations and Tyrell Fortune has received an indefinite suspension due to a ruptured bicep.
Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulations Director Mike Mazzulli released the medical suspensions on Tuesday to The MMA Report after they were requested.
Bellator 178 took place last Friday night at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut and the fight card was headlined by Patricio “Pitbull” Freire defeating Daniel Straus by submission to regain the Bellator featherweight title.
The complete Bellator 178 medical suspensions are below:
- Saad Awad: Suspended 45 days due to laceration and concussion, needs doctor clearance.
- Dominic Mazzotta: Suspended 90 days and needs MRI.
- Tyrell Fortune: Indefinite suspension for ruptured bicep and needs orthopedic clearance.
- Kastriot Xhema: Suspended 60 days due to laceration and needs orthopedic clearance on right thumb.
- John Lopez: Suspended 45 days due to laceration.
- Chris Foster: Suspended 45 days due to laceration.