Bellator 187 took place on Friday night from the 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland and was headlined by A.J. McKee remaining undefeated with a submission victory in the third round against Brian Moore in a featherweight bout.
The fight card also saw the third professional fight of Kevin “Baby Slice” Ferguson Jr. as he won his second straight fight as he submitted Fred Freeman in the opening round.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- With the submission win against Moore, A.J. McKee is now tied with several other fighters for the 2nd most submission wins in Bellator featherweight division history.
- All of McKee’s victories (10) have come in the Bellator cage and he’s now tied with Daniel Straus and Pat Curran for the 2nd most win in Bellator featherweight division history.
- After losing his professional debut last year, Kevin Ferguson Jr. has now won back to back fights by stoppage in the opening round.
- Sinead Kavanagh snapped a two fight losing streak as she scored a TKO win over Maria Casanova in 34-seconds and this is her 3rd win by TKO/KO.
- Kevin Ferguson Jr. is now 2-1 in his young career as he scored his first career submission as he used a rear-naked choke to defeat Fred Freeman.
- Charlie Ward scored a knockout victory against John Redmond at the 4:59 mark of the opening round and this is his 2nd career win by TKO.
- Paul Redmond won his third straight fight with a decision victory over Sergio de Jesus Santos and he’s now 4-1 since exiting the UFC in 2015.
The complete Bellator 187: McKee vs. Moore results are below.
A.J. McKee def. Brian Moore via technical submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:14
Sinead Kavanagh def. Maria Casanova via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:34
Kevin Ferguson Jr. def. Fred Freeman via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 1:57
Charlie Ward def. John Redmond via TKO (punch) – Round 1, 4:59
Paul Redmond def. Sergio de Jesus Santos via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)