Bellator 169 took place this past Friday night from the 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland and was headlined by Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal remaining undefeated in heavyweight fights as he defeated Satoshi Ishii by unanimous decision.
In the co-main event of the fight card, featherweight prospect James Gallagher remain undefeated in his young career as he scored his fourth career submission victory with a win in the third round against Anthony Taylor.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Lawal is now tied with Ben Askren, Eddie Alvarez, Will Brooks, Patricky Pitbull and Brennan Ward for the 5th-most wins in Bellator history.
- Ishii is now 0-2 in Bellator and is now 2-5 in his last seven fights.
- Gallagher finished Taylor with a rear-naked choke and three of his four submission wins have come by rear-naked choke.
- Both of Taylor’s defeats have come by rear-naked choke submission.
- Daniel Weichel won his third straight fight with a submission victory in the opening round against Brian Moore and he is now tied with Pat Curran, Alexandre Bezzera, Marlon Sandro, Daniel Straus, Goiti Yamauchi and Patricio Pitbull for the most submissions in Bellator featherweight division history.
- The defeat for Moore snapped a two fight winning streak and this is the first time he has been defeated by submission.
- Cameron Else scored the 2nd-fastest victory in Bellator featherweight division history with his 20-second TKO victory over Dylan Tuke in the opening bout of the fight card.
- Tuke entered Bellator 169 undefeated and three of his four professional fights have ended in the first round.