Bellator 184 took place on Friday night from the Winstar World Casino in Thackerville, Oklahoma and was headlined by Darrion Caldwell becoming the bantamweight champion as he scored a decision victory against Eduardo Dantas.
In the co-main event of the fight card, Emmanuel Sanchez scored the biggest victory of his career as he defeated former Bellator featherweight champion Daniel Straus by triangle choke submission in the third round.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Darrion Caldwell becomes the 6th bantamweight champion in Bellator history and he now has the 4th most wins in Bellator bantamweight division history.
- The defeat for Eduardo Dantas snaps a four fight winning streak and both of his defeats in Bellator have come by decision in title fights.
- Emmanuel Sanchez now has 7 wins in Bellator featherweight competition and the submission victory over Daniel Straus marks his first stoppage victory in 1,092 days (2 years, 11 months, 26 days).
- For the first time in his career, Daniel Straus has dropped back to back fights and both of the defeats have come by submission.
- Pat Curran scored a decision victory over John “Macapa” Teixeira and he’s now tied for 2nd most wins in Bellator history.
- After starting 4-0 in Bellator, John “Macapa” Teixeira has dropped back to back fights and both of those defeats have come by decision.
- Leandro Higo defeated Joe Taimanglo by decision to score his first win in Bellator.
- Joe Taimanglo has now dropped back to back fights after winning four straight fights.
The complete Bellator 184: Dantas vs. Caldwell results are below.
Main Card: (Spike)
Darrion Caldwell def. Eduardo Dantas via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 50-45)
Emmanuel Sanchez def. Daniel Straus via submission (triangle choke) – Round 3, 1:56
Pat Curran def. John Macapa via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-26)
Leandro Higo def. Joe Taimanglo via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Preliminary Card: (Bellator.com)
Manny Muro def. Emmanuel Rivera via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Sean Holden def. Shakir McKillup via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:39
Carrington Banks def. Steve Kozola via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-25, 30-25)
Chance Rencountre def. Justin Patterson via submission (D’Arce choke) – Round 1, 2:58
Teagan Dooley def. DeMarcus Simmons via submission (Americana) – Round 2, 2:12
Westin Wilson def. L.J. Hermreck via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, :55
Kendall Carnahan def. Daniel Carey via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Ernest James def. Ray Jones via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:53