Bellator 185 took place on Friday night from the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut and was headlined by Gegard Mousasi winning a close decision against former Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko.
In the co-main event of the fight card, Neiman Gracie remained undefeated as he became the first person to defeat Zak Bucia by decision and six of Gracie’s seven wins have come by submission.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Gegard Mousasi has now won six in a row and this is his first win by decision since the beginning of 2016 when he defeated Thales Leites at UFC Fight Night 84.
- Alexander Shlemenko is now tied with Michael Chandler and Pat Curran for the 2nd most fights in Bellator history.
- Neiman Gracie now owns the Bellator record for the most submission wins in Bellator welterweight division history and is tied with multiple fighters for the 2nd most submission wins in overall Bellator history.
- Zak Bucia was submitted for the first time in his career and the defeat snaps a three fight winning streak.
- Kristina Williams won her professional debut with a TKO win over Heather Hardy in the second round.
- Ryan Quinn is now 8-1 in Bellator following his decision win over Marcus Surin.
- Lisa Blaine improved to 2-0 in her professional career as she defeated Ana Julaton by split decision.
- Pete Rogers Jr. submitted Timothy Wheeler in 37-seconds and this is now the fastest submission victory in Bellator featherweight division history.
The complete Bellator 185: Mousasi vs. Shlemenko results are below.
Main Card: (Spike)
Gegard Mousasi def. Alexander Shlemenko via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Neiman Gracie def. Zak Bucia via submission (neck crank) – Round 2, 2:27
Kristina Williams def. Heather Hardy via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 2, 2:00
Ryan Quinn def. Marcus Surin via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Lisa Blaine def. Ana Julaton via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Preliminary Card: (Bellator.com)
John Lopez def. Billy Giovanella via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-26)
Kevin Carrier def. Jose Antonio Perez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Vovka Clay def. Frank Sforza via submission (guillotine) – Round 1, 1:17
Don Shainis def. Matthew Denning via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:50
Jordan Young def. Alec Hooben via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 2:44
Costello van Steenis def. Steve Skrzat via submission (strikes) – Round 1, 2:52
Joaquin Buckley def. Vinicius de Jesus via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Pete Rogers def. Timothy Wheeler via submission (guillotine) – Round 1, :37
Dean Hancock def. John Beneduce via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:38