Bellator 190 took place on Saturday from the Nelson Mandela Forum in Florence, Italy and was headlined by Rafael Carvalho retaining the Bellator middleweight title with a knockout victory in 44-seconds against Alessio Sakara.
In the co-main event of the fight card, Brandon Girtz snapped a three fight losing streak as he defeated Luka Jelcic by knockout at the 1:57 mark of the opening round in a lightweight bout.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Saturday’s fight card.
- Rafael Carvalho is now tied with Michael Chandler for the 2nd fastest victory in Bellator title fight history.
- Carvalho is now tied with Bryan Baker and Hector Lombard for the 4th most wins in Bellator middleweight division history.
- The defeat for Sakara snaps a four fight unbeaten streak and this marks his first defeat since losing to Nicholas Musoke at UFC Fight Night 30 in 2013.
- Brandon Girtz is now tied with David Rickels and Brent Primus for the 6th most wins in Bellator lightweight division history.
- Alejandra Lara has now won three in a row following her submission win over Lena Ovchynnikova and she has won back to back fights by rear-naked choke submission.
- Carlos Miranda won his Bellator debut with a decision over Mihail Nica and this marks his fifth straight victory.
- Gregory Babene scored his 10th career victory by submission with an armbar win against Tony Zanko and he’s now 3-0 in Bellator.
The complete Bellator 190: Carvalho vs. Sakara results are below.
Rafael Carvalho def. Alessio Sakara via KO (elbow and punches) – Round 1, 0:44
Brandon Girtz def. Luka Jelcic via KO (punches) – Round 1, 1:57
Alejandra Lara def. Lena Ovchynnikova via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:09
Carlos Miranda def. Mihail Nica via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
Gregory Babene def. Tony Zanko via submission (arm bar) – Round 1, 2:04