Bellator 193 took place on Friday night at the Pechanga Resort and Casino in Temecula, California and was headlined by Lorenz Larkin scoring his first victory inside the Bellator cage as he scored a unanimous decision victory against Fernando Gonzalez.
In the co-main event of the fight card, Saad Awad had his 16th fight in the Bellator cage and scored a decision victory against J.J. Ambrose in a lightweight matchup.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- The victory for Lorenz Larkin snaps a two fight losing streak and marks his first win since August 20, 2016 when he defeated Neil Magny by TKO at UFC 202.
- After going unbeaten in his first five Bellator fights, Fernando Gonzalez is 2-2 in his last four fights.
- Saad Awad is now tied with Eddie Alvarez for the 4th most wins in Bellator lightweight division history and moves into a tie with multiple fighters for the fifth most wins in promotional history.
- J.J. Ambrose had his five fight winning streak snapped and this is his fight lost since February 2, 2016 when he lost a split decision against Francisco Trevino.
- A.J. Matthews snapped a four fight losing streak with a split decision victory against Kendall Grove and this marks his first win since defeating Emiliano Sordi at Bellator 141 (August 28, 2015).
- Kendall Grove has now dropped three fights in a row and is now 4-5 in Bellator.
- Jake Smith won his Bellator debut in 57-seconds against Steve Kozola and this is the 13th fastest TKO/KO victory in Bellator lightweight division history.
The complete Bellator 193: Larkin vs. Gonzalez results are below.
Main Card: (Paramount Network)
Lorenz Larkin def. Fernando Gonzalez via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Saad Awad def. J.J. Ambrose via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
A.J. Matthews def. Kendall Grove via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
Jake Smith def. Steve Kozola via KO (punches) – Round 1, :57
Preliminary Card: (Bellator.com)
Tyrell Fortune def. Joe Hernandez via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
Tyree Fortune def. Mike Quintero via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Justin Lawrence def. Andrew Natividad via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Mark Vorgeas def. Tim Ricsen via KO – Round 1, 2:57
Mike Andaya def. Julio Aguilera via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Moses Murrietta def. Chris Herrera via KO – Round 1, 2:40
Joshua Jones def. DeMarcus Brown via submission (neck crank) – Round 1, 3:02
Everett Cummings def. Ben Beebe via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:12