Bellator 194 took place on Friday night at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut and was headlined by Matt Mitrione advancing to the semifinals of the Bellator Heavyweight Grand Prix Tournament as he scored a majority decision against Roy Nelson.
In the co-main event of the fight card, Patricky “Pitbull” Freire made his case for a title shot in the Bellator lightweight division as he defeated Derek Campos by TKO in the opening round.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Matt Mitrione is now tied with Augusto Sakai for the 4th most wins in Bellator heavyweight division history.
- Patricky Pitbull moves into a tie with Alexander Shlemenko and David Rickels for the 3rd most wins in Bellator history (tied with Michael Chandler for most wins in lightweight division history).
- The victory by Pitbull marked his 8th win in Bellator by TKO/KO and he’s now tied with Douglas Lima for the most TKO/KO wins in Bellator history.
- Regivaldo Carvalho scored the 2nd fastest victory in Bellator featherweight division history with his 17-second victory against Tom English.
- Michael Kimbel defeated Geoffrey Then in 63-seconds and this is now the 5th fastest victory in Bellator bantamweight division history.
The complete Bellator 194: Nelson vs. Mitrione results are below.
Main Card: (Paramount Network)
Matt Mitrione def. Roy Nelson via majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Patricky “Pitbull” Freire def. Derek Campos via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:23
Heather Hardy def. Ana Julaton via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Vadim Nemkov def. Liam McGeary via TKO (leg kicks) – Round 3, 4:02
Tywan Claxton def. Jose Perez via TKO (elbows) – Round 2, 3:39
Preliminary Card: (Bellator.com)
Pat Casey def. Tyler Hamilton via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Kastriot Xhema def. Peter Nascimento via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:52
Marcus Surin def. Dean Hancock via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 4:50
Jarod Trice def. Walter Howard via majority decision (28-28, 29-27, 29-27)
Regivaldo Carvalho def. Tom English via KO (punches) – Round 1, :17
Michael Kimbel def. Geoffrey Then via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:03
Ross Richardson def. Ron Leon via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:41