Bellator 160 took place on Friday night from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California and was headlined by Benson Henderson securing a title shot in the lightweight division with a stoppage victory due to injury against Patricio “Pitbull” Freire.
Along with Henderson securing a title shot, the main card on Spike saw victories by Derek Anderson, Georgi Karakhanyan and A.J. McKee.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Henderson defeated Pitbull by TKO and this is his first TKO/KO win since 2009 (vs. Shane Roller, WEC 40).
- Pitbull is now tied with David Rickels for the most fights in Bellator history and this is his first career defeat by stoppage.
- Anderson scored a decision victory over Saad Awad in the co-main event of the fight card and he is now tied for the seventh-most wins in Bellator lightweight division history.
- Karakhanyan stopped Bubba Jenkins in 53-seconds by knockout and this is his fifth career win by TKO/KO.
- McKee made it out of the first round for the first time in his professional career as he defeated Cody Walker by submission in the second round and he is now tied with multiple fighters for the second-most submission wins in Bellator featherweight division history.
- Joey Davis won his professional debut on the preliminary card with a decision victory against Keith Cutrone.