Bellator 161 took place this past Friday night from the HEB Center in Cedar Park, Texas and was headlined by Cheick Kongo winning his third straight fight with a majority decision victory against Tony Johnson.
In the co-main event of the fight card, former Bellator champion Joe Warren climbed back into title contention in the bantamweight division as he submitted Sirwan Kakai in the third round.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Cheick Kongo is now tied with former Bellator heavyweight champion Cole Konrad for the most wins in Bellator heavyweight division history.
- Joe Warren moves into a tied for the third-most wins in Bellator history with four other fighters and is tied with two other fighters for the second-most fights in Bellator history.
- Warren is now tied with current Bellator bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas for the most wins in Bellator bantamweight division history.
- Anastasia Yankova remained undefeated with a split decision win over Veta Arteaga and this is the first time in her mixed martial arts career that she has gone the distance.
- Derek Campos has now won back to back fights following his decision victory over Djamil Chan.
- Garrett Scott scored the second-fastest submission victory in Bellator welterweight division history with his rear-naked choke victory over Waylon Bronstrup on the preliminary card.