Bellator 176 took place on Saturday from the Pala Alpitour in Torino, Italy and was headlined by Rafael Carvalho retaining the Bellator middleweight title with a head kick knockout in the fourth round against Melvin Manhoef.
In the co-main event of the fight card, Anastasia Yankova remained undefeated with a decision victory Elina Kallionidou in a catchweight bout of 133 pounds.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Saturday’s fight card.
- Carvalho’s victory came at the 3:15 mark of the fourth round and this is the fifth latest stoppage victory in Bellator title fight history.
- Carvalho has won three of his five Bellator fights by TKO/KO and he is tied with Brennan Ward, Doug Marshall, Bryan Baker and Brian Rogers for the fourth-most TKO/KO victories in Bellator middleweight division history.
- Carvalho now has the fifth-most wins in Bellator middleweight division history.
- Manhoef drops to 1-3, 1NC in Bellator and two of his three defeats in the promotion have come by knockout.
- Yankova improves t0 3-0 in Bellator and all of her fights in the promotion have been catchweight bouts.
- Kallionidou has dropped back to back fights after starting her professional career with five straight victories.
- Valeriu Mircea scored a majority decision victory against Djamil Chan and he has won five of his last six fights.
- After winning his Bellator debut last year by knockout, Chan has dropped back to back fights by decision.
- Mihail Nica used an anaconda choke to defeat Samba Coulibaly in 36-seconds and this is now the fastest submission in Bellator lightweight division history (Previous record was held by Guilherme Farias, 39-seconds).
- Coulibaly took the fight against Nica on five days notice and he has dropped two of his last three fights.