Bellator 189 took place on Friday night from the Winstar World Casino and Resort in Thackerville, Oklahoma and was headlined by Julia Budd retaining the women’s featherweight title with a split decision against Arlene Blencowe.
In the co-main event of the fight card, Rafael Lovato Jr. remained undefeated as he scored a unanimous decision victory against Chris Honeycutt in a middleweight bout.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Julia Budd extended her winning streak to nine fights and both of her victories against Blencowe have come by decision.
- Rafael Lovato Jr. is now 7-0 in his MMA career and this is only the 2nd time in his career that he made it to the 3rd round.
- Chidi Njokuani won his middleweight debut with a decision over Hisaki Kato and he’s 9-1, 1NC in his last eleven fights.
- David Rickels scored a decision victory over Adam Piccolotti and he’s now tied with Michael Chandler, Joe Warren, and Pat Curran for the 2nd most wins in Bellator history.
- Mandel Nallo scored the fastest victory in Bellator lightweight division history as he defeated Alex Williams by TKO in 18-seconds.
- Brian Grinnell now owns the 2nd fastest submission in Bellator welterweight division history as he defeated Kemmyelle Haley in 39-seconds.
The complete Bellator 189: Budd vs. Blencowe results are below.
Main Card: (Spike)
Julia Budd def. Arlene Blencowe via split decision (46-49, 48-47, 49-46)
Rafael Lovato Jr. def. Chris Honeycutt via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Chidi Njokuani def. Hisaki Kato via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
David Rickels def. Adam Piccolotti via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Preliminary Card: (Bellator.com)
Sam Sicilia def. Marcos Galvao via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Gaston Bolanos def. Rick Gutierrez via KO (spinning back elbow) – Round 1, 1:13
Mandel Nallo def. Alec Williams via TKO (headkick) – Round 1, :18
Juliana Velasquez def. Na Liang via submission (arm bar) – Round 2, :32
Cris Williams def. Thomas Lopez via submission (triangle) – Round 1, 1:39
Stephanie Geltmacher def. Ky Bennett via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-27)
Brian Grinnell def. Kemmyelle Haley via submission – Round 1, :39
Brandon Phillips def. Jordan Howard via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
Andrew Parker def. Frank Patterson via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 3:03