Bellator 191 took place on Friday from the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, England and was headlined by Michael McDonald winning his Bellator debut with a decision win over Peter Ligier in a catchweight bout of 138 pounds.
The co-main event also featured a fighter winning their Bellator debut as Valerie Letourneau scored a decision victory over Kate Jackson in a women’s flyweight bout.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Michael McDonald has alternated wins and losses in his last seven fights and this is his first win since defeating Masanori Kanehara by submission at UFC 195 (1/2/16).
- The victory for Valerie Letourneau snaps a three fight losing streak and her last four wins have come by decision.
- Mohammad Yahya has now won back to back fights and all of his wins have come by finish (4 TKO/KO, 1 Submission).
- Philip de Fries won his Bellator debut with a submission victory over James Thompson in the first round and this marks his eleventh career victory by submission.
- Jeremy Petley scored a split decision victory over Lewis Monarch and he’s now won back to back fights.
The complete Bellator 191: McDonald vs. Ligier results are below.
Michael McDonald def. Peter Ligier via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Valerie Letourneau def. Kate Jackson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Mohammad Yahya def. Ash Griffiths via TKO (strieks) – Round 1, 3:26
Philip De Fries def. James Thompson via submission (guillotine) – Round 1, 1:33
Jeremy Petley def. Lewis Monarch via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)