Bellator 195 place on Friday night at the WinStar World Casino in Thackerville, Oklahoma and was headlined by Darrion Caldwell retaining the Bellator bantamweight title with a submission victory in the opening round against Leandro Higo,
In the co-main event of the fight card, Joe Taimanglo scored his seventh victory inside the Bellator cage as he scored a split decision victory against former Bellator featherweight and bantamweight champion Joe Warren.
Also on the main card, Kristina Williams improved to 2-0 in her career with a split decision victory over Emily Ducote and Juan Archuleta won his Bellator debut with a decision win over William Joplin.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Caldwell is now tied with Zach Makovsky and Marcos Galvao for the 3rd most wins in Bellator bantamweight division history.
- Caldwell now owns the Bellator bantamweight division record for most submission wins and he’s tied with multiple fighters for the 2nd most submission wins in Bellator history.
- The victory over Warren marked the 5th win by Taimanglo in Bellator bantamweight competition and he’s now tied with multiple fighters for the 4th most wins in divisional history.
- Bellator 195 was the 19th fight for Warren in Bellator and this is tied with multiple fighters for the most fights in Bellator history.
- Warren joins Pat Curran as the only two fighters in Bellator history with over four hours of total fight time in the promotion.
- Archuleta becomes the first fighter in Bellator history to win a fight with a score of 30-23 on one of the judges scorecards.
The complete Bellator 195: Caldwell vs. Higo results are below.
Main Card: (Paramount Network)
Darrion Caldwell def. Leandro Higo via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 2:36
Joe Taimanglo def. Joe Warren via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27)
Kristina Williams def. Emily Ducote via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)
Juan Archuleta def. William Joplin via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-24, 30-23)
Preliminary Card: (Bellator.com)
Aaron Webb def. Thomas Lopez via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:11
Kevin Holland def. Teagan Dooley via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 2:59
Daniel Carey def. Cris Williams via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Romero Cotton def. Justin Reeser via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:35
Fernando Gonzalez def. Armando Servin via submission (arm-bar) – Round 1, 2:24
Justin Patterson def. Brian Grinnell via TKO (knee to body) – Round 1, 4:49
Ky Bennett def. Morgan Solis via submission (Americana) – Round 2, 3:37