Bellator 158 took place this past Saturday night at the O2 Arena in London, England and the event was headlined by former Bellator welterweight champion Douglas Lima securing a rematch against current welterweight champion Andrey Koreshkov with a decision victory over Paul Daley.
In the preliminary television ratings (Live+SD), the fight card had 556,000 viewers and the card saw a 15 percent increase in viewership in the +3 DVR ratings with 640,000 viewers according to a Spike press release on Thursday.
Along with announcing the average viewership for Bellator 158, Spike release several other notes on the ratings from last Saturday night’s international event.
- Card peaked at 940,000 viewers.
- Bellator placed #2 behind MLB on FS1 on Saturday night (primetime) for sports event programming on cable (#3 overall on television behind the PBC on FOX).
- On Facebook, The Michael Page knockout post became the most viewed Facebook video ever (Bellator) – 3.3 million views and counting.
- Bellator generated over 90,000 total social media mentions, which is the most ever for a Bellator event.
- Spike UK averaged at 108,000 viewers and peaked at 154,000 making this one of the highest rating Bellator events Spike UK has had.
- On Channel 5, the show attracted an average audience of 418,000 and peaked at 550,000 – a 3.42% share of viewers.
- Bellator performed well for male & young audiences beating Channel 4 for male viewers across the overall time that Bellator was on air on Channel 5.
With the +3 DVR numbers from Saturday night, Bellator is averaging 827,000 viewers this year in the +3 DVR ratings and the complete +3 DVR Ratings for Bellator in 2016 are below.
Bellator 148: 603k
Bellator 149: 2.2 million
Bellator 150: 809k
Bellator 151: 838k
Bellator 152: 619k
Bellator 153: 686k
Bellator 154: 775k
Bellator 155: 715k
Bellator 156: 538k
Bellator 157: 675k
Bellator 158: 640k