Bellator 174 took place last night from the WinStar World Casino in Thackerville, Oklahoma and was headlined by Julia Budd becoming the inaugural women’s featherweight champion with a TKO victory in the fourth round against Marloes Coenen.
In the co-main event of the fight card, Fernando Gonzalez scored his sixth victory inside the Bellator cage as he scored a decision victory against Brandon Girtz in a catchweight bout of 174 pounds.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Julia Budd is the second women’s champion in Bellator history (Zoila Frausto won the strawweight title in 2010).
- The TKO victory for Budd in the 4th round marks her first stoppage victory in 1,428 days (3 years, 10 months, 26 days).
- Marloes Coenen has now dropped back to back fights after opening her Bellator career with back to back victories.
- Fernando Gonzalez improved to 6-1 in Bellator with a decision victory over Brandon Girtz and 4 of his 6 wins in Bellator have come by decision.
- Brandon Girtz has lost back to back fights by unanimous decision after winning 3 straight fights in 2014 and 2015.
- Justin Wren extended his winning streak to 6 fights with an arm-triangle choke submission victory against Roman Pizzolato and this is his 4th career victory by submission.
- Rafael Lovato Jr. won his Bellator debut in 13-seconds against Charles Hackmann and he is now tied with Lyman Good for the 6th fastest victory in Bellator history.
- Cody Pfister won his Bellator debut by submission against Jonathan Gray and following the victory, he announced his retirement.
- Emily Ducote scored her 3rd career win by submission with a rear-naked choke victory against Katy Collins and she is now 3-1 in Bellator.
- Gabrielle Holloway snapped a two fight losing streak with a TKO victory in the 2nd round against Alexis Dufresne.