Bellator 186 took place on Friday night from the Bryce Jordan Center on the campus of Penn State University.and was headlined by Ryan Bader retaining the light heavyweight title with a TKO win over Linton Vassell.
In the co-main event of the fight card, Ilima-Lei MacFarlane became the inaugural women’s flyweight champion with a stoppage victory over Emily Ducote in the fifth round.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Ryan Bader is the 3rd Bellator light heavyweight champion to make a successful title defense (Emanuel Newton and Liam McGeary).
- The defeat for Linton Vassell snaps a three fight winning streak and it’s first TKO lost since 2010.
- Ilima-LeiMacFarlane now has 4 submission wins in Bellator and she’s now tied with multiple fighters for the 2nd most submission wins in Bellator history.
- The victory for MacFarlane at the 3:42 mark of the fifth round marks the 2nd latest stoppage victory in Bellator title fight history.
- Emily Ducote falls to 6-3 in her career and this is her first defeat by stoppage.
- Phil Davis is now tied with Attila Vegh for 3rd most wins in Bellator light heavyweight division history.
- Ed Ruth is now tied with three other fighters for the 5th most TKO/KO wins in Bellator middleweight division history.
- Saad Awad is now tied with Michael Chandler for the 2nd most TKO/KO wins in Bellator lightweight division history.
The complete Bellator 186: Bader vs. Vassell results are below.
Main Card: (Spike)
Ryan Bader def. Linton Vassell via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:58
Ilima-Lei Macfarlane def. Emily Ducote via verbal submission (arm bar) – Round 5, 3:42
Phil Davis def. Leo Leite via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Ed Ruth def. Chris Dempsey via KO (punch) – Round 2, :27
Saad Awad def. Zach Freeman via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:07
Preliminary Card: (Bellator.com)
Tywan Claxton def. Johnny Bonilla-Bowman via KO (flying-knee) – Round 1, 1:29
Logan Storley def. Matt Secor via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
Mike Wilkins def. Brett Martinez via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, at 1:09
Frank Buenafuente def. Francis Healy via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Dominic Mazzotta def. Matt Lozano via TKO (doctor stoppage) – Round 1, 2:37
Michael Trizano def. Mike Otwell via submission (D’arce Choke) – Round 2, 2:07
Scott Clymer def. Mike Putnam via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:07
Andrew Salas def. Ethan Goss via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Josh Fremd def. Ryan Parker via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 1:25