Bellator 173 took place on Friday from the SSE Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland and was headlined by former Bellator light heavyweight champion Liam McGeary scoring a TKO victory in the second round due to doctor stoppage against Brett McDermott in a catchweight bout of 217 pounds.
In the co-main event of the fight card, rising featherweight prospect James Gallagher remained undefeated as he scored his fifth career victory by submission as he used a rear-naked choke to defeat Kirill Medvedovsky.
TheMMAReport.com has put together post fight statistics from Friday’s fight card.
- Liam McGeary is now tied with Ben Askren, Eddie Alvarez, Will Brooks, Brennan Ward and Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal for the 5th most wins in Bellator history.
- McGeary now has 5 TKO/KO victories inside the Bellator cage and he is now tied with Rick Hawn, Andrey Koreshkov, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal, Michael Chandler and David Rickels for the 4th most in Bellator history.
- James Gallagher improved to 3-0 in Bellator with his submission victory over Kirill Medvedovsky and he is now tied with Wilson Reis, Scott Heckman, Darrion Caldwell, Kenny Foster and A.J. McKee for the 2nd most submission victories in Bellator featherweight division history.
- Iony Razafiarison snapped a two fight winless streak with a decision victory over Sinead Kavanagh and she is now 1-1 in Bellator.
- Alex Lohore extended his winning streak to 7 fights with a rear-naked choke submission victory over Ultimate Fighter alum Colin Fletcher and this marks his 4th career victory by submission.
- Shay Walsh scored a decision victory over Jame McErlean in the opening bout of Bellator 173 and he has won 5 of his last 6 fights.